Monday, July 6, 2009

iPhone Provisioning File Drama: Part III -- The Solution!

Apple's response didn't really help me out. Because at that point in time, my new provisioning profile was not displaying as an option under the Code Signing section of my project settings.

I was still frustrated and had the random thought of... I wonder if something is wrong with this project specifically. So, I opened up the MoveMe demo application and tried to see if I could get that app to run on my new iPhone.

I open up the project settings and open the dropdown for code signing and... low and behold! There are now two provisioning files that are code signed that I can choose from! I select the one for my new iPhone, and shizam! I've got MoveMe running on my phone.

That felt like a pretty big win right there, so with this new confidence, I reopened my yipe application and went back to the project settings. I now have two profiles here as well! Choosing the right one and building the app... and finally, after countless hours and a couple of days, I've got my application running on my iPhone.

All I can think of is that there was some caching issue with xcode. Once I opened up a project that I had never installed on any iPhone, it knew to look and see what provisioning profiles I had installed via Organizer and refreshed itself.

Hope this helps someone else out there.

Update: Apple DTS responded with info on what they suggest for caching issues:
Caching issues are generally resolved by

* Cleaning the project (Build > Clean all Targets)
* Closing and reopening the project
* Choosing Xcode > Empty Caches...
* Quitting and restarting Xcode

(in that order).

No comments: